Friday 24 July 2009

Monogamy.

Some thoughts on monogamy. Experts for years have posited males are most likely to engage in infidelity due to an innate need to "spread their seed" and due to this male infidelity is often met with a chuckle and and attitude of "what are you going to do"? But a woman commiting adultry? Well. Now we have a totally different story. We are not supposed to have those urges, the need for extra marital satisfaction. And when a wife cheats the news is greeted with shock and disbelief. Here is a bit of news for you. A wife has needs. Deep needs. And when those needs are not being met, an affair happens. Several of my friends have engaged in affairs. Reasons are varied but I don't believe they matter. I wonder if I will be able to remain faithful. My desire level is high, and I crave sexual excitement. It is a real fear I have, especially since my husband was cheated on and it literally destroyed him for a time. I look in his gorgeous loving eyes and want to believe I will never cause him pain, but can anyone say anything for sure? I know of women who have numerous "affairs", affair being loosely used. More like encounters...Regardless, they love and adore their husbands but need something they cannot give them. Excitement maybe? A break from the mundane tasks of a wife and mother? A chance to feel desireable, sexy, coveted? Women who cheat...are you one of them? Tell me about it...why...when...with who...and is it worth it? I have my opinion...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of those cheaters...but not so much for the sex...oh, yes the men that do cheat I know first hand it is because of the lack of sex in their lives. True, they can do it themselves...but I think there is more to it. There needs to be emotion behind it and they truly do need to feel wanted at the same time.

    For me? That need to feel wanted and appreciated. I have gotten those words of appreciation from my husband only to have them yanked right out from under me time and time again because he knows how much it hurts me when he does that. All about control... So, to get those words and not ever have them taken away, makes me feel much better about myself in another relationship. Why not leave? Right now, security...no full time job and I have children from my first husband.

    No...I don't ever expect him to leave his wife though he did leave the first one for other reasons. Right now, be both fill a need in each other...and that is enough for me.

    ReplyDelete